Author Topic: New computer?  (Read 251 times)

Offline Ieazo

• I like Tinkering and Banging
    • Angus, Scotland
Re: New computer?
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2018, 03:52:25 PM »
You can run unsupported OS, I ran XP for a few years after they stopped support for that.

It depends what you currently have as to the best way forward. 

I recently cleaned up my current laptop, which is around 6 years old but was a very good laptop when I bought it Intel i3 dual core 2.4ghz processor with 6gb ram. And a 1tb hdd. I got rid of a lot of rubbish which wasnít required, defragged the hdd and ran hitman pro to fix and remove any dodgy bits.

Now I can get it to edit 2.7k video footage and itís as fast as you like running Firefox for browsing forums, YouTube etc.

Looking to set up a dedicated video editing machine as I want to edit 4K which my new camera can handle but my laptop is at max coping with the 2.7k footage so wonít even try the 4K on it. Iím looking at 6 core processor running between 3.5-4ghz with a decent 2-4gb dedicated graphics card (Nvidea 1060Ti) 16 or 32gb ram, 512gb SSD and 3TB HDD. Used for browsing etc it would be way overkill but forvideo editing its about right.

If you have not already resolved this let me know the specs you currently have and Iíll let you know what Iíd do,
Springers:- SMK VXS19 - 18 GRT3 trigger & HW97k V-Glide
PCP's:- Uncle Barry's Daystate Mk3 (FAC), BSA Superten & AA S510
FAC :- Anschutz 1417 .22LR, CZ 452 .17HMR & Tikka T3 .223 1:8
Shotguns:- 12 Gauge Bettinsoli Xtrail O/U & Beretta A302 Semi-Auto