Author Topic: Your top 5 must haves?  (Read 232 times)

Offline Steviewhitt

• Weihrauch .22 HW95K (to start with)
    • Congleton, leafy Cheshire.
Re: Your top 5 must haves?
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2017, 07:57:40 PM »

Target     

Drum Thrown (Seat)         
Pull Through
Pellet Lube                       
Front Rest
Rear Rest

Can I ask why you take a pull through? Aren't you supposed to leave the barrels to lead up?

Offline seagate

• SuperHero Member
    • Wakefield The Garden of Eden
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2017, 08:29:12 PM »
He might be testing different brands of pellets so he'll want to lead up the barrel with the particular brand .
I plink , therefore I am.

Offline Steviewhitt

« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2017, 09:43:04 PM »
Thanks seagate, that makes sense.

Offline 21grains

• S.E. Mass. USofA
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2017, 10:34:08 PM »
Can I ask why you take a pull through? Aren't you supposed to leave the barrels to lead up?*Steve

Only so Leaded up, when accuracy goes away I pull throu a dry Patch or 2 weather it;s after 1 Card (about 30 or so Shots per Card) or 2 Cards, Some Guys don't Patch at all (3 Cards @ 90 or so Shot's per Match) whatever Your Barrel Wants/Needs You Gota Do it or Shots Wander to much to chase back in to the X on next Target. You have to make Your Barrel Shoot where You want it to Hit for the full 25 Targets per Card. Bench Rest is Hard inside but that's were You Learn Your Barrel. Outside in the Wind is a different Story, It's all YOU and what You learned Inside Plus add the wind in too, People think Golf is hard.....try Airrifle BENCH REST OUTSIDE w/Wind or not @ 25m 12flb-FAC or 75m FAC Matches are starting at Club's around the States 75m is a long airrifle Shot .....Only the Strong Survive this Great Game of Our's
.....Franky

Offline Steviewhitt

« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2017, 09:47:31 PM »
Quick question, do any of you take tools with you.

Like allen or hex keys, screw drivers etc?

Offline 21grains

• S.E. Mass. USofA
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2017, 01:00:34 AM »
That's were Practice with Your equipment tells the story ...You know whats what, so You need next to nothing but Pellets & Snackes  > Air w/PCP to go Huntin. safely w/nofckup's or worse. Good Questions Steve, its an Honor to impart our life long Skill's to Someone who really shows it will help on this Long Quest of being a First class Hunter & Man. Ask away Steve, We will all (Planetter's) Kick in.....Some Day You'll be one to Kick in To some Kid who wants to learn Too, and You'll remember Us Guy's and be Proud TOO Like We are to answer You.....Franky

Offline IceBlerk

• Sheffield (Just a little South of it, across the border into Derbyshire)
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2017, 09:15:52 AM »
Since I put my night vision together I have started carrying an allen key that fits the associated mounts and a small screwdriver to get access to the NV gubbins housed in its box.

I've not needed them yet but carry them in case I need to make any small adjustments (the NV rig is still young so it *might* need attention).

Offline 21grains

• S.E. Mass. USofA
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2017, 08:44:30 PM »
I've not needed them yet but carry them in case I need to make any small adjustments (the NV rig is still young so it *might* need attention) *

*Steve this what I mean, Every Week Huntin You learn> Don't forget any of it. Listen to Guy's that know.....Not the Bullshiter's.  We call them ALL (Cowboy) Hat and NO Cattle .....Franky

Offline Steviewhitt

« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2017, 10:00:45 PM »
I've not even thought about what to take when I eventually go hunting.

But at the moment on the range, I've started taking allen keys (after my scope mounts came loose) along with pellets, targets, mobile. I just need to get a flask now, as I could do a brew whilst at the range. After all we built an empire on tea :) :)

Offline Steviewhitt

« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2017, 09:10:06 PM »
So my list of things I take is getting longer.

Apart from the obvious rifle and pellets. I now take my mobile, flask, targets, allen keys, screw driver, gun oil and micro cloth to wipe my gun down when I've finished.

I've also been thinking about stuff I would like, for when I get my permissions. I'll not bore you all with that list untilI have too ;)