Author Topic: Sling without swivels  (Read 518 times)

Offline Richard Saunders

• Reading
Re: Sling without swivels
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2017, 08:43:59 AM »
Please tell us how you get on with it Richard. ;)

Personally, I love a hunting rifle to have a sling, as walking around the woods and fields with a sling-less airgun can be a reet chore....spesh if it's a heavy gun.

Should be delivered today so I'll let you know. Must admit though, I do like Simon's solution...
Daystate Hunstman Regal. Stage 2 Vmach HW80 and  HW35. Currently trying my best not to knob up a refurbishment attempt on an HW77K.

Would you like to buy my book? https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mutiny-Spitfire-pirates-mutineers-treasure-ebook/dp/B00DMY2OPU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1496849135&sr=8-1&keywords=mutiny+on+the+spitfire

Offline Richard Saunders

• Reading
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2017, 02:46:53 PM »
Just arrived and fitted it to my HW35. Does a job and looks OK. I will post some pix later, but immediate impression is that I am sure I will be grateful for it after a couple of hours on the shoot, but the way the sling slips on the barrel is a little disconcerting when you first put over your shoulder. We'll see.
Daystate Hunstman Regal. Stage 2 Vmach HW80 and  HW35. Currently trying my best not to knob up a refurbishment attempt on an HW77K.

Would you like to buy my book? https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mutiny-Spitfire-pirates-mutineers-treasure-ebook/dp/B00DMY2OPU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1496849135&sr=8-1&keywords=mutiny+on+the+spitfire

Offline Richard Saunders

• Reading
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2017, 04:37:12 PM »
Forgot to mention that the part that goes over the shoulder is nicely padded. I hope these pix help...

Offline seagate

• SuperHero Member
    • Wakefield The Garden of Eden
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2017, 05:34:06 PM »
I'd pray to god the nylon  material doesn't abraid the bluing or varnish on the woodwork. Apart from that paranoia ,it looks just the ticket. :)
I plink , therefore I am.

Offline Richard Saunders

• Reading
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2017, 06:29:31 PM »
That's my concern too. I've already resolved to only keep it on the gun when I need it. And first sign there's a problem I'll take it off...

Offline shakeysimon

• Target tart extraordinaire
    • Bude,Kernow
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2017, 07:47:07 PM »

This is how the sling works on my Tx200hc
West Devon Airgun Club

Offline seagate

• SuperHero Member
    • Wakefield The Garden of Eden
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2017, 08:36:24 PM »
Nice Thompsons Gazelle trophy pelt , obviously taken down  with tx carbine  dangerous game stopper rifle. :D

Really nice picture. :)
I plink , therefore I am.

Offline shakeysimon

• Target tart extraordinaire
    • Bude,Kernow
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2017, 08:55:06 PM »
Thanks,not too sure what it is possibly roe deer,bought it of a mate who was clearing his rented flat,10 seemed a bargain.
West Devon Airgun Club

Offline William Tell

• Better to burp and taste, than Fart and feel.
    • King's Lynn, Norfolk.
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2017, 08:35:16 AM »
Lovely pictures and very interesting.
Butchers in Burnham Market that sells skins    about the size you would expect a sheep to be 30 baaagain!
HW 35 I'm sure was my first plinker, if they were made 45 years ago it was anyway! Reading this thread over the last few days, thinking the 35 was the only HW with the brilliant barrel latch. Pure genius, utterly essential kit, if you like a strap on. I don't get it, why not fit a barrel band and swivel?
The band will mark the barrel without insulation tape trimmed to fit, twixt the two, leave it on for life it becomes part of the gun. Stock stud, I can understand hesitation there! Once fitted it's like a tattoo on your forehead, you look totally stupid without your hat. Certainly is something you might regret later!! On a 35 though!! It's proper attire, it's meant to have a strap fitted, but properly. Rubbing straps are going to mark. Then you have to explain.. Bruce, how did those marks and scratches get there? Well Ronald buddy it's like this, I tied a nylon strap round the barrel and stock!! Strewth, really on a 35, right!! Flip.

Only Plink one gun at a time.
I don't want the wife to find out, how many pop guns are under my bed in my room! Only room in the house that's safe from inspection really!!

Offline IceBlerk

• Sheffield (Just a little South of it, across the border into Derbyshire)
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2017, 09:12:10 AM »